Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Note of Nootropics:

   I've been researching Nootropic drugs recently as a way of better protecting the memory in a stress filled world.  I used to smoke and I'm over 5 months clean of it.  I did notice it had memory enhancing qualities but everyone knows the pitfalls.  Coffee is considered by some to be a Nootropic though there are dangers associated with caffeine as well.  I'm going to list a few lesser known chemicals that have been shown to some degree to enhance the brain either via circulatory or other means.





This chemical is sometimes prescribed in the EU for memory and related ADD.  It is available in the US but is not currently regulated by the FDA.  It has been shown to boost concentration and memory in studies and is safe.  It is said to be best taken with Choline. 

Other nootropics like modafinil are only available by prescription.  Some herbs like Ginko and Ginseng have been used to promote alertness.  Always consult with your doctor before you start a regimen.

13 comments:

  1. Good find, is there any known side effects?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate drugs and don't know much about it so this is new for me +followed

    ReplyDelete
  3. always impressed with your blog man, showing my support brother

    Check out my blog if you have time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. id love a memory booster, thing is, i just feel safe popping to pills to gain the effect

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't sound too safe to me. Thanks for sharing though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. never thought of going down this path, very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmm interesting, i could use that in college lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure if I'd trust any drug, diet and exercise usually do the trick for ADD.

    ReplyDelete